Tuesday, April 16, 2019

The Greenhouse

Gratitude Day #9



On Sunday I drove up to the Earl May in Ankeny, just to look at what they had.  I am in the planning and hoping stage for my garden.  The minute I walk into a greenhouse in spring, a smile spreads across my face.  The same thing happened today when I checked out the gardening section at Lowe's.  This time of year, before the heat, bugs, weeds, and hot weather set in, gardening is full of hope of what you may be able to grow and accomplish.



I am especially excited for this summer, because I will not be teaching summer school.  Hopefully I will do better at keeping up on my garden work, especially the weeding.  Every year, I try to expand a little.  I just ordered two more raised beds.  This year I am hoping to try my hand at strawberries.

I always refer to my garden as a science experiment, because I really don't know what I'm doing.  Every year I learn a little more, and this year I will be volunteering at the Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden, so I'm sure I will learn a lot more.  As it is, I grow and can tomatoes, cucumbers, and peppers that last me all year.  I feel really proud when I eat something that I grew.


  1. I am grateful for the hope and beauty of my garden.
  2. I am grateful for having space to grow food and flowers.
  3. I am thankful that I learn new things about gardening every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment