Friday, April 5, 2019

Good Friends

Gratitude Day #4



I am very blessed to have good friends in my life.  As we share our stories and time together, my life is made so much richer.  Today was a day that I was really reminded of that. This morning my friend and neighbor, Holly, helped my mom to get her taxes done.

Holly and her husband, Ken, have lived across the street from me for a long time, probably about 17 years.  We didn't really start getting to know each other until about six years ago when I was recovering from foot surgery, after fracturing my ankle and foot.  It was January, and our mailboxes are at the curb. There was no way I could get out there to get my mail.  Holly and Ken brought me my mail, cleared my driveway, and watched out for me.  I will never forget their kindness.  Since that time, we have shared lots of laughter, and become good friends, and we dog sit for each other.  Holly is Chloe and Lola's Fairy Dog Mother.  I am Fairy Dog Mother to their dogs, Frank and Fannie.  I am very very fortunate to have such wonderful friends and neighbors.

I spent the afternoon visiting my good friend, Nadine.  When we meet for lunch or coffee, it usually takes us a minimum of three to four hours.  We refer to them as our therapy sessions.  I have known Nadine since the beginning of my teaching career.  We taught together at Edmunds, and we have stayed good friends, even when we moved on to different schools and jobs.  In the 32 years we have known each other, we have supported each other through great happiness and huge losses.  We have laughed together and we have cried together.  She is more than a friend.  She is family.

1. I am grateful for the kindness of friends.

2. I am grateful and fortunate to have friends who listen to me and support me.

3. Best of all, I am so thankful to have friends to laugh with.  They bring great joy to my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment