Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Tea

Gratitude Day #2



I love tea, but I confess that I am a tea snob.  I started drinking Lipton instant tea when I was a kid. Since that time, I have become very picky.  I prefer only black tea, brewed, and I like only good teas.  I am a regular customer at Gong Fu Tea in the East Village.  When I am in Minneapolis, I always pay a visit to the TeaSource.  Lipton tea would never cross my lips these days.

In order to brew good tea, you need lots of tea paraphernalia; teapots, teaspoons, and good teacups.  I also have lots of metal canisters to hold my favorite teas.  Believe me I have way too much, but some of the cups bring back good memories.  I have picked up cups from trips I have taken, and places I have stayed.  My son, Michael, and his friend, Sergio, gave me teacups from Spain, where they both live. I visited Michael in Spain two years ago.   Last year, my daughter, Lisa, and I made a trip to the North Shore. I came back with a cup from the hotel, as well as a Starbucks mug for Minnesota.  In the fall,  my sister and I visited the Joselyn Art Museum in Omaha.  We grew up in Omaha, so I had to add a Nebraska mug to my collection.  When I drink from these cups, it brings back cherished memories of time spent with my family in beautiful places.

My sister and daughter share my love for tea.  We each like different kinds, but it is fun to share that love for tea.  We include trips to tea shops in the time we spend together.

1. I am grateful for tea

2. I am grateful for my family.

3. I am grateful for the memories of travel and time spent in beautiful places with people I love.



No comments:

Post a Comment