Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Beauty and Tenacity

Gratitude Day #6



It was a harsh winter!  There was lots of snow and lots of cold, and it seemed like it would never end.  When everything was frozen and buried in snow, it was hard to imagine that we would see green grass and flowers again.  For this reason I was a little concerned that the Autumn Radiance Maple tree I planted last spring would survive these cold temperatures.  It is exciting to see the branches beginning to produce little buds.

I was also concerned about the lilac hedge that borders my driveway.  It had become badly overgrown, so last October I had it cut way back to about a third of its height.  It was late in the season, so I worried that this drastic pruning might have been too much of a shock for it to recover.  I won't have lilacs this year, but I was happy and relieved to see it beginning to leaf out.



With each day that goes by, plants begin to sprout, the grass becomes greener, and flowers begin to bloom.  The gorgeous flowers above are blooming in my neighbor's flower bed.  While I like to garden, I tend to lose interest by the time fall comes, when I should be planting daffodils, crocus, and tulips.  Maybe this year I can build the strength and tenacity to get that done.

  1. I am grateful for the beauty that surrounds us.
  2. I am grateful for the tenacity of nature and people that makes us grow and thrive.
  3. I am grateful for the renewal of spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment