Sunday, April 14, 2019

Family Dogs

Gratitude Day #8



I cannot do gratitude posts without talking about my dogs.  Anyone who knows me knows that I am a dog person. I grew up with dogs.  In fact, the only time in my life that I didn't have a dog was when I was in my early twenties, moving around a lot and living in apartments.  Chloe and Lola are not only the family dogs, they are family.  I like having two dogs, so they can keep each other company when I have to be at work or go other places. 

My dogs are wonderful companions.  They are affectionate, silly and they make me laugh.  They also encourage me to be more active.  They are deliriously happy when I take them for walks, and it does me a lot of good as well.  I love my little dogs!

Now that my mom is back from Arizona, I also get to spend time with her dog, Abbie.  Abbie is a Yorkie.  My sister and I take turns visiting Mom and taking Abbie for walks.  Abbie knows how to give us the look that says, "When are we going for our walk?"  As you can tell from the photo above, she does not like having her picture taken.

The football playing dog pictured above is my sister's dog, Scout.  This picture was taken a couple years ago.  He loves it when he can get you to toss the football for him.  He is a senior dog now, and he can't get around as well as he used to.  We were broken hearted, when Jacci's dog, Boone, passed away a few months ago.

Boone


Please note that Chloe, Lola and Abbie are also very well dressed dogs.

  1. I am grateful for our wonderful little dogs.
  2. I am grateful for beautiful sunshiny days that let us walk the neighborhood.
  3. I am grateful for the security these ferocious little dogs provide as they bark at everyone who dares walk down our street.
Guard dogs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment