Thursday, April 4, 2019

Creativity

Gratitude Day #3


I am so grateful that God gave me the urge to be creative.  It brings me so much joy and I love it when I can create something that is useful. Early in the project, it can be frustrating, but in the end, more often than not, I look at what I have made and I feel surprised that this creation came from me.

My latest knitting project:   the pattern for this shawlette is called Hitchhiker.  I love color, so I always enjoy the opportunity to work with lots of beautiful colors and textures. You can never have too much yarn.

There is also a certain amount of danger involved.  My house is filled with yarn, knitting needles, rubber stamps, ink, art supplies, paper, beads, and lots more.  It is always tempting to add yarn, fabric, or whatever because you might use it for that next project.



Fortunately, I have been in a profession where there are many ways you can be creative, and it is one of the things I really enjoy about my AmeriCorps tutoring.  There are other jobs that pay better, but I like the fact that I can create a game for us to practice sight words, or use my photos in a power point, so we can discuss a book we are reading.  I enjoy coming up with the ideas, and I know the kids enjoy playing the games, and it makes learning more fun for them.

My sister, Jacci, taught me how to make this pin.  I need lots more practice with wrapping the wire, but the beads are beautiful, and fun to work with.  I was excited to see how it came out. I gave it to my daughter for Christmas along with the knitted shawl that is serving as background in this photo.

Whether it is knitting, learning to draw, or make jewelry, it is always an opportunity to learn, grow, and discover new things about yourself.  When you accomplish something new, you can't help but feel proud of yourself. 

1. I am grateful that I like to make things.
2. I am grateful that I am continually learning new things.
3. I am grateful that I have beautiful materials to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment