Thursday, April 11, 2019

Morning Time

Gratitude Day #7



This has been a very different week.  It was a week of testing at school.  In order to help out, I started work an hour earlier each day.  I usually start work at nine, whereas the rest of the staff begins by seven.  I have only been officially retired for four years (this June) but I have gotten spoiled. 

I am an early riser.  I rarely sleep later than 5:30.  Getting up is not the issue, getting out of the house is.  Most days I get up, and am showered and dressed before 6:00.  Then I make a pot of tea, and settle into the den with my little dogs.  I use this time to journal, plan my day, pet my pups or just stare into the fireplace.  It's fake fire, but it's still very comforting.  It is a great time to sort out emotions, think about events going on in my life, and set my priorities.  It helps me begin my day more centered and calm.  I am extremely grateful to have that time in the morning.

I first got into writing my "Morning Pages" when I read The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron.  I have probably been doing it for the past twenty years, not every day, but most days.  It really helps me.  If you have never read her work, I highly recommend it.  I also enjoy her poetry. 

Tomorrow is Friday.  I don't work on Fridays, so I can even stay in my pajamas to enjoy my morning time and write my Morning Pages.  Another benefit of working part time.

  1. I am grateful for the flexibility of having quiet morning time at home.
  2. I am grateful for my comfortable home.
  3. I am grateful for the gift of writing.  and
  4. I am grateful for my fake fireplace.

2 comments:

  1. And I’m grateful that testing is nearly complete! We couldn’t have done it without you. Thank you for being so kind and helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I really appreciate hearing that.

    ReplyDelete