Friday, January 8, 2010

Photo #8: Soup and Wifi


Soup and Wifi
Originally uploaded by BarbaraLN

We are only eight days into the 365 Photo Challenge, and I'm already beginning to see a theme emerge. This is the second time that my little Acer Aspire Netbook has made it into the picture. I have only had a netbook since last March, but having one really has changed the way I spend my leisure time. Now, instead of being parked in front of the television, I am in front of this little computer screen. I frequent coffee shops, bookstores, and restaurants that have free wireless internet available. When the wireless internet at home goes down, that is cause for alarm.

This time spent on the internet has broadened my horizons, putting me in touch with people from all over the world. It has changed the topics that I talk about, and read about. It has transformed the way that I teach. It has altered the way that I look toward the future. And now there is this new blogging thing. We have already had four snow days this school year. Much of that time, and the two weeks I had off for winter vacation have been spent reading and now writing blogs. Writing! The return to an old love! Who would have thought it? And the soup was good, too.

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed that you're doing a photo a day! I just uploaded 9 into Flickr and wrote a little about them. So I'm on track too, just in a different way/on a different schedule.

    ReplyDelete