Saturday, January 30, 2010

Photo #30: Gourd Basket


Goard Basket
Originally uploaded by BarbaraLN

Today was a day of friendship, and enjoying the company of some of my very dearest and closest friends. I met Nancy at the Waterfront for lunch. I really miss her now that she has moved out of town. We had a delicious lunch with nonstop conversation. We did a lot of catching up, but finally had to leave after taking up a table for two hours. After that, I spent the afternoon hanging out with Chris while she was holding an open house at her massage business.

Both used to work with me. Nancy is still a counselor, but has moved to a new school district, and Chris has retired from teaching, and begun a whole new career. I really miss seeing them both every day. I have gone months without seeing either or them, because I have been so busy. Today was a reminder of what is really important in life: the people in our lives. The beautiful basket that you see here, was made by Chris. She carved it from a gourd. I love the textures and vivid colors. I am awed by her talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment