Thursday, January 7, 2010

Photo #7: Another Iowa Snow Day



It was another snow day for us here in Iowa. We have now had about 36 inches of snow this winter, and very little of that has melted. We added just five inches of snow today, but the snow was accompanied by high winds. I love snow days, even though I know that I have to eventually make them up. Today I had already taken a shower, and was in the process of getting dressed before I heard the announcement. I wonder who gets more excited about snow days, the kids or the teachers? I really like my job, but nevertheless, I shout and cheer when I hear that school has been cancelled for the day. I never completely believe my good luck, until I see the words confirmed multiple times: DES MOINES PUBLIC SCHOOLS: CANCELLED!

No comments:

Post a Comment