Thursday, January 21, 2010

Photo #21: My New Camera


Yesterday was the day that people were supposed to take a picture of their camera, but I didn't have this camera yet. Today we were out of school again. There were five schools in our school district without power today. My son did have school, however, so I had to venture out to get him to class. When I got back I attempted to take a picture of my front yard, which is strewn with downed branches. Once again, my camera did not work. This has been happening almost every day, and it is extremely frustrating. I might get a shot or two, and then it will shut down, and I am not able to get it to turn back on again.

This is actually a problem that I have been having for more than a year, but up until I started this 365 Photo Project, I only used my camera sporadically. Using it daily has made me more and more frustrated with its limitations. So on this day away from school I decided I was getting myself a new camera for my birthday/Christmas. I am so excited! My new camera is a Nikon Coolpix S570. It has 12 megapixels, a 5x telephoto lens, and a rechargeable battery. Just in saved batteries alone, it should pay for itself. I am so excited to learn how to use it, and being involved in this photo project should spur that along.

No comments:

Post a Comment