Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Photo #20: Iced Castle



Iced Castle
Originally uploaded by BarbaraLN

Today was our fifth snow day of the school year. To be more precise, this is really an ice day. I was awakened around 3 a.m. by the freezing rain hitting against the windows. Now the entire house is encased in 1/4 inch sheet of ice. Every tree branch, every twig is encased in ice. It was beautiful! Then as the hours passed, the weight of the ice and the wind, caused branches to break and crash to the ground. Now my front yard is littered with the broken limbs. They will stay there for awhile. I have not set foot out of the house today, nor have I gotten dressed, and it's going to stay that way. In my 23 years of teaching, I do not remember a year where we have missed this many days of school because of weather. While I love staying home, each day must be made up. Our school year has now been extended to June 14th.

No comments:

Post a Comment