Monday, January 25, 2010

Photo #25: Storm Damage


We are in the middle of yet another Iowa snow storm with strong winds, and blowing snow. However much I complain, I'm happy to say that at least this is not my car underneath this tree. It does, however, belong to a neighbor on the street behind me. This is storm damage from the ice storm last week. The tree split in half, and came down on the car. Before they have even had a chance to clean that up, we are now experiencing another blizzard. It's not as bad here in town, but the roads outside of the city are terrible. They have closed Interstate 35 between Ames and Clear Lake. I sent my student teacher home at 2:00, because he needed to drive 25 miles north to Iowa State in Ames. This is the worst winter we have had in a long time. I am hoping that we do not have another snow day tomorrow. We already have 6 days to make up.

No comments:

Post a Comment