Friday, January 22, 2010

Photo #22: Our Flag


My friend's husband, arrived home from Iraq last night. He was supposed to come in on Wednesday, but the ice storm delayed him in Chicago. This is the flag in my classroom, and I took this photo in honor of their family. It is also a reminder to me of how fortunate I am to live where I do, and to have the freedoms that I do, and I have all that because of the people who, through the years, have been willing to serve and protect this country. I know through personal experience that it is the entire family who serves, even if it is only one member of the family who goes overseas. So often during this time that Jerry has been in Iraq, I have been reminded of the year that my father spent in Viet Nam. So thank you, Jerry, Carrie and girls. I'm glad you are together and safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment