Saturday, January 16, 2010

Photo #16: My Birthday at The Waterfront


The Waterfront
Originally uploaded by BarbaraLN

Today was my birthday, and I've had a great day. It was hard to decide what part of the day to represent in a photo. I enjoyed my morning here at home. I love leisurely mornings, sipping my tea or cappuccino. After a busy week, being able to turn off the alarm and get up when I want, is a gift in itself. It was a bright sunshiny day in the thirties, so in the afternoon I went downtown to explore the new Pappajohn Sculpture Park. I have driven past it many times, since its installation last summer, but this was my first time to walk around and explore. The Pappajohns have given a fantastic gift of all of the citizens of Des Moines. After that I spent some time hanging out at Starbucks. The highlight of my day, was being taken out to dinner by my sister. Jacci picked me up at 6 and took me to The Waterfront in Ankeny. Along with the restaurant, there is a fish market, and sushi bar. We had a delicious salmon dinner. I am so lucky to have such a great sister, and it has been a fantastic birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment