Friday, January 1, 2010

The Edtech 365/2010 Photo Project


I just learned about the Edtech 365/2010 project. The object is to take a photo each day of the year and then share it on Flickr. I really didn't know where to start until Natalie Wojinski sent me a link to her blog. I was intrigued and decided I would like to give it a try. I have always been interested in photography and I am a scrapbooker, but rather than a collection of great photography, I want this blog to serve as a journal of my year. As much as a record, it will no doubt, prove to be an exploration of the things that are most important to me. It will be one more step in my journey of self discovery. I will be including the silly and the serious. It will record work as well as play. I have no idea how it will all turn out. I will try to post on a weekly rather than daily basis. I have an older camera, though I'm thinking this will be the perfect excuse to buy a new camera sometime during this year. Since I have a habit of forgetting my camera, many shots will probably be taken with my cell phone camera. This will be another adventure for a new decade. I can hardly wait to find out what happens!

January 1, 2010 -- New Year's Day

We have not ventured out of the house at all today. My doggie friends and I have just rested and enjoyed our freedom. Here is beautiful Zoe. Zoe is a German Shorthair/Springer Spaniel Mix. I held her when she was only a few days old. I was paged to the office at school. This was about eleven years ago. I was trying to grade papers, and I was annoyed about being interrupted. When I got there, this two week old puppy was placed in my hands. My disposition improved immediately, and it was love at first sight. Unfortunately I must admit that if Zoe were an elementary school student, she would probably be placed on a behavior chart. She makes bad choices, like eating food off the kitchen counter, and chewing up items not meant for her. In spite of her bad habits, we love her very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment