Friday, January 15, 2010

Photo #15: Take a Closer Look


Take a Closer Look
Originally uploaded by BarbaraLN

We are still working on science, and as you can see the kids are very into it. This picture cracks me up. The boys are examining mineral samples. Today we were trying to determine which rock samples contain calcite. Did you know that calcite reacts to acid by foaming and bubbling? The acid we are using is vinegar, so our classroom reeks of vinegar right now. That would be my least favorite part of the lesson. I hate the smell of vinegar! Some of the kids were with me on that one.

1 comment:

  1. My room will reek of vinegar next week when we observe chemical reactions of vinegar and/or salt on pennies! Maybe someone could invent odorless vinegar? What fun would pickles be then, tho???

    ReplyDelete