Sunday, January 3, 2010

Cold and Snowy Iowa


I have lived in the midwest most of my life. I was born here in Des Moines and grew up in Omaha, Nebraska. So I should be used to the cold and the snow. I like the change of seasons, but I've already had enough of winter for this year. We had record breaking snows during the month of December, followed by cold. Even the trees are cold. This tree is located in my neighbor's yard. He looks happier in summer.

Despite the cold, it has been a productive day. I have had a great winter vacation, and it's back to school tomorrow. Today I started thinking school. I finally got around to doing some of the school projects I brought home. It was also a day to get Christmas packed away. I love the Christmas lights, but after a while I start to feel cramped and crowded, so it was good to pack away the tree and let in the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment