Saturday, June 19, 2010

Photo #170: The Newest Sculpture



I dropped by the Pappajohn Sculpture Garden today to check out the newest sculpture. It is still in the process of being installed and is currently surrounded by a chain link fence. A few weeks ago, I saw a brief news report about the sculpture, but I haven't read anything about the title or artist. I can't quite figure out if these figures are dancing or fighting. You see something different from every point of view.

My stop at the sculpture garden was one of several today. After spending the morning at work, I met Jacci at my favorite Caribou Coffee, which is always one of my favorite ways to spend an afternoon. I left there perfumed by the delicious fragrance of coffee.

While I woke up to a foggy morning, it has turned into a beautiful day, and I just returned from a walk. Now I am sitting on the deck with my dogs, writing this blog, and listening to The Cat Who Wasn't There by Lillian Jackson Braun on my IPod. Having the time to savor these experiences is one of the greatest things about summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment