Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Photo #328: Smokey Row


For the first time in the twenty-four years I've been teaching, we had the day before Thanksgiving off. In the morning I ended up working a couple of hours at Huntington, so it really felt like Saturday. In the afternoon Jacci and I checked out Smokey Row. Neither of us had ever been there before.



We met the owner, and from him we learned that this is one of four locations. The building was built in 1904. I love the way it's been refurbished. For many years it was the Planned Parenthood book warehouse. I'm sure it took a lot of work to bring this building back to life. In addition to the great atmosphere, the Chai Lattes were delicious! I really like it. I think I'm going to have to split my time between Smokey Row and Caribou Coffee. Caribou Coffee has the great leather arm chairs for comfort, but Smokey Row has a menu, so you can have your coffee and eat dinner too. I now have two westside offices.

No comments:

Post a Comment