Saturday, October 30, 2010

Photo #303: Beggar's Night


Tonight was Beggar's Night in Des Moines. I'm not sure why we have Trick or Treating the night before Halloween, but we always do. The other thing that happens in Des Moines is the kids have to tell a joke to get their treat. I have not seen these traditions anyplace else that I have lived.

Sometimes I stay home and give out candy, but lots of years like this year, I go over to my Mom's house and help her hand out the treats. This year one of the kids from my class came by with his family. That photo didn't come out very well, though. I like this picture of the Pumpkin Head costume. I especially like the way you can see this boy's eyes through the mouth of the mask. With the exception of a very grouchy gorilla who came by, I'm sure the kids had lots of fun. We had beautiful weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment