Saturday, September 18, 2010

Photo #261: Tea Party


It was time to get my tea supply ready to take to school. Having my favorite teas to sip, helps me get the school day off to a good start. Gong Fu is the best place to go in Des Moines for a great selection of quality tea, so Jacci and I met there this afternoon. This is another of our common interests. We both really love tea, but we each have our own favorites.

There are so many teas to choose from, but I'm pretty picky about the ones I like. My favorite flavors from Gong Fu are Absolute Almond and Constant Companion. Both are black teas. Absolute Almond has a strong aroma and taste of almond, and I am very fond of almond. The Constant Companion is a great black tea, somewhat reminiscent of Earl Gray, with a great orangey citrus fragrance and taste. Since we stayed for a pot of tea, I tried a new one, Black Mango. I often drink the Mango Black iced tea when I go to Caribou Coffee, so I hoped this would have a similar taste, and it does. I added two ounces of the the Black Mango tea to my purchases.

If I just stuck to buying tea, I would probably be okay, but I like the paraphernalia that goes with tea. I like the cups, the tea pots, measuring spoons, and today I picked up a decorative storage tin. After spending an hour and a half visiting and sipping tea, we both gathered up our treasures and headed for home. All that qualifies today as a great Saturday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment