Friday, December 31, 2010

Photo #365: Graphic Design



Today's photo is a picture of my Christmas gift from my sister. This piece of art is from Jacci and by Jacci. She is an art history major, and two years ago she took a graphic design class. Each and every week of the class, she created a paneled design, using a sharpie marker. When I saw her work, I told her that I would like to have one of them when her class was complete. She had a print of my favorite one framed for me for Christmas. I love it!

I have met the challenge! I have actually posted a photo for every day in 2010. It is an idea that I got from other people in my PLN (Personal Learning Network) on Twitter. When I saw what some others had done in previous years, I decided to give it a try. Even at the outset, I didn't believe that I would follow through for an entire year.

I decided that my goal would be to use the photos and the blog posts to be a journal of my year. It has actually turned out to be much more than that. It has changed my life. I feel that I definitely have improved as a photographer, but it also served as an outlet for my writing. Instead of living a passive life, I found myself getting up and doing things, because I needed a photo for the day. More than that, I have taken the time to notice and appreciate things around me. And, of course, it has been a wonderful record of the year 2010. Check out the Animoto below to see some of my favorite photos for the year.



This project has been such an important part of my life. I will definitely continue with the photo challenge for 2011. This next year, however, I will post on a weekly rather than daily schedule. I am hoping that I will then have more time to devote to writing some of my other blogs. So that is my last post for 2010. Happy New Year! Now it's time to begin thinking about my first photo for 2011.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This abstract design is interesting that makes me eager to create an abstract design too with EPSON Premium Glossy Photo Paper.

    ReplyDelete