Sunday, December 26, 2010

Photo #360: Christmas Night


My sister always prepares a wonderful dinner on Christmas night. Besides the fact that she is a fantastic cook, the centerpiece of this meal is the prime rib. Donner carves beautiful slabs of the tender beef as we are about to sit down.

Jacci and I set the table earlier, carefully arranging the napkins in their ornament rings, and the traditional crackers, but somehow neither of us noticed that we neglected to put out any silverware. I guess we were talking instead of thinking.



We had a much smaller gathering this year compared to previous years. My kids were not with us on Christmas day. Lisa was with Colin's family in Minneapolis, and Michael was working. My nephew Dylan and his fiance, Suzanne were driving from Toronto, and were not due to arrive until Sunday. Summer and Jill also arrived later than usual, because they spent Christmas Eve with Jill's family in St. Louis. And of course, Mom is already in Arizona for the winter. Thankfully we had Torin, who is home from college, and Kendrick, and Summer and Jill arrived early in the afternoon.



We had a very nice Christmas, but I confess that I miss the days when the kids were small and we were all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment