Saturday, December 25, 2010

Photo #359: The Nativity


Merry Christmas, everyone! I hope you are enjoying this Christmas Day.

Many years ago, my mom gave me the figurines for this nativity set. She picked them up for me in an after Christmas sale. During the first eleven months of the year, they reside in my china closet, and then during the month of December, they move into this stable.

The great thing about after Christmas sales is you can get things you might not otherwise be able to afford. The downside to after Christmas sales is that you can't always get everything you need. Apparently all the "Josephs" were sold out, so we have a shepherd standing in for our Joseph. You probably wouldn't have even noticed if I hadn't brought the whole thing up.

Whether it's Joseph or a shepherd, I enjoy looking at the creche in the soft blue light, and remembering what Christmas is all about - - LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment