Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Photo #341: Quilted Stockings


I have a new approach to decorating the house this year. When I need a new photo for this blog, then I put up some more decorations. Today I got out the Christmas Tree skirt and stockings.

I made the stockings and skirt several years ago when I took a couple of quilting classes with my friend, Nancy. I really haven't done any quilting since then. That's too bad, because I always feel really pleased when I unpack these stockings each year.

Not only did I piece and quilt the stockings, I embroidered our names on them with gold thread. I had not embroidered in years. My mom taught me how to embroider back when I was in elementary school. It turns out that isn't something you forget how to do. There is something very satisfying about making the things you use.

No comments:

Post a Comment