Saturday, December 18, 2010

Photo #352: New Cookie Press



People that know me well, can tell you that I used to be pretty hooked on QVC. Whenever someone would ask where I got something, the answer was usually QVC. Now days, I usually avoid watching. Every now and then, however, I succumb. I am particularly vulnerable to the kitchen shows. Such was the case about two weeks ago, when I just had to have a Cuisenart electric cookie press. It arrived about a week ago, but I just got around to using it today.



After studying the recipes in the book that came with it, I decided to make the sugar cookie dough. I mixed it up, using my Kitchenaid stand mixer, which I also purchased from QVC a few years ago. Then I tried to assemble the cookie press. After spending twenty minutes looking for the missing shaft and shaft adapter, which it turns out were already installed inside the cookie press, I was finally ready to begin.




I think it's going to take a while before my cookies look like the cookie press cookies you see in cookbooks and magazines. The book says it takes practice, and I would say I need more. I placed the cookies beside my snowman on the sled to make them look better. I think a bunch of frosting would help too.

No comments:

Post a Comment