Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Photo #54: Turtle


Today's challenge: "Monochrome photos don't have to be the result of processing or desaturation. Find a monochrome composition and shoot it."

I am partial to turtles, so I set up one of my favorite turtles on a piece of beige paper. I have a few turtles that sit around the house. This one was given to me by my friend, Chris, and it sits next to the computer in my office. For me, the turtle is a symbol of patience and the tenacity necessary to survive life's challenges.

Most of my turtles live in my flower gardens during the growing season, where it is far from a monochrome setting. Right now they are stored in the garage. I miss them. I am looking forward to spring, when I can put them back out in the yard where they belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment