Sunday, February 7, 2010

Photo #38: Book Heaven


Award Winning Books
Originally uploaded by BarbaraLN

My sister and I spent the afternoon hanging out a Barnes and Noble. It's one of our favorite places to go. First, we shop. I always start out in the bargain books section, then I check out all the sale tables. Next it's magazines. Lately we have been frequenting the tech books, because we are both learning about blogging and building wikis and websites. Of course, I have to check out the kids books. I was checking out all the Newberry Award winners here. I'm trying to figure out how to keep my advanced readers engaged and challenged. Then it's to the cookbooks.

I collect cookbooks. I love cookbooks! I read them, and use sticky notes to mark all the interesting recipes. By the time I've done all that, I'm often too tired to actually cook.

Then with an armload of books and magazines, we head to the cafe, where we pare down our purchase piles to something we can actually afford. Before our families send out a search party, we eventually gather up our goodies and head for home. A perfect snowy Iowa afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment