Saturday, February 13, 2010

Photo #44: My New TV


I told myself that when I got my income tax refund, I would buy a new television to replace the one that died several months ago. So I've been looking at and dreaming about a new TV for some time now. The size of the new set is limited not only by finances, but it also had to fit into my entertainment center, which I love. I measured carefully, and there is not even a half inch to spare, but it fits.

After reading about the new HD TVs in Consumer Reports, I ended up buying a Samsung. I am amazed how much lighter the new TVs are, compared to the old antiques I've had. I could carry this 32 inch set using one hand, and the box even has a handle. I did have to install the swivel stand, but I read and followed directions without a problem. The picture is incredible, particularly in comparison to the set I've been using. That one had a broken cable attachment, so there were always lines across the picture, and if you walked too hard across the floor, it would vibrate the cable out of the back of the set. As I'm writing this I'm watching someone eat barbecue chicken on the food network. It looks so good! I think I better go get something to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment