Monday, February 22, 2010

Photo #53: Coffee, Keys and a Droid


I left work early today to take care of some key issues. Now I'm hanging out at Caribou Coffee on Ingersol waiting for Jacci to join me. This is my favorite Caribou Coffee, and I spent many hours here in the summer, when I was taking my on-line technology class. I would bring my little netbook or laptop over and sit here for hours working on my website or webquest.

I'm really not a coffee drinker, but I love hanging out in coffee shops with free wifi. I like the smell, and I do like coffee drinks that are sweet and creamy and don't taste too much like coffee, but mostly it is the relaxed atmosphere. I get a kick out of seeing everyone with their laptops, studying, chatting, relaxing. Even though none of us are connecting with each other, we are all traveling the world of the internet. Somehow it feels less isolating than doing the same thing in my own living room.

It can also be quite entertaining, and I've been rather surprised by some of the conversations that I've been privy to in this public setting: a couple doing premarital counseling with their minister, two people strategizing about a political run for office, friends gossiping. As long as I have my netbook or Droid to surf the internet, and something delicious to drink, I can spend hours here.

No comments:

Post a Comment