Monday, May 31, 2010

Photo #151: Brothers


My entry today may seem a bit morbid, but since this blog is as much a journal as it is a collection of photos, I decided to include our trip to the Altoona Cemetery. Like so many others, my sister and I went out to the cemetery today to decorate graves. We have way too many family members out there these days. I guess that's just a product of getting older. I can handle the loss of my dad and grandparents. You expect to experience those kind of losses in your lifetime, but the loss of both of my younger brothers is still hard to take. It has been just three years since we lost them both within five months of each other.

I am glad that they were buried in this country cemetery. People decorate graves with flowers, lanterns, flags, and wind chimes, things that would not be allowed in a city cemetery. It was really beautiful out there today. We miss you. Dad, Dan, and Steve!

1 comment:

  1. I was very touched by your blog today. I completely understand how you feel. I lost my oldest sister 20 years ago and it still breaks my heart. But I still have good memories that make me laugh and smile - and I am sure you have the same of your younger brothers.

    Have a terrific summer and enjoy your time off from school - I know I will!

    ReplyDelete