Saturday, May 8, 2010

Photo #128: A Motte and Bailey Castle



I'm heading out of town today, with my mom and Jacci, to celebrate my Aunt Barbara's graduation. She is graduating with her Masters in Psychology. I'm sure I will be taking lots of pictures while I'm there. Since I will probably not have internet access later today, I'm posting these pictures I took on Thursday of one of my student's castles. This is Bryony's Motte and Bailey Castle. This is the first time anyone has made a Motte and Bailey Castle for our castle project, and it is fantastic!

Motte and Bailey castles were the earliest castles made, and they look a lot like our early American forts. The drawback was that because they were made of wood, the enemy could set fire to them, which is why they began building castles out of stone. Fantastic job, Bryony!

No comments:

Post a Comment