Friday, May 14, 2010

Photo #134: The Church of the Land


We had our annual field trip to Living History Farms today. We had beautiful weather, which was lucky since it rained just about every day this week. I really hate field trips, because for the teacher, field trips are lots of liability. Sometimes kids do things away from school that they would never dream of doing on campus, and often it's the child that you would least suspect. Such was the case today, but everyone came back in one piece, and we did have a great time.

The Church of the Land is located at the end of the main street in the 1875 town of Walnut Hill. My church used to have services there once a year, in combination with another church, until our congregations became too large to fit in the sanctuary.

Every year I worry whether I'm in good enough shape to do all the walking required for this field trip. There is a lot of hiking and hill climbing between the 1700 Ioway Farm, 1850 Pioneer Farm and 1900 Farm. But once again, I have survived it, and nobody had to push me uphill. My feet hurt though.

No comments:

Post a Comment