Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Photo #82: The Book of Knowledge


We had a fire drill today, and while we were standing on the front sidewalk, I suddenly noticed this book carved into the top of the building. This is an example of really seeing something that I should have seen every day. The really sad part is, that I am not a newcomer to this building. I have taught here for twenty years, but I don't remember ever noticing this book. I pointed it out to the kids, and many of them said they had never noticed it before. In our defense, it may be blocked by branches, when the trees are leafed out.

I love the architectural details of this building. The original part of the school was constructed in 1914. It has been added to over the years, and the building was refurbished 7 years ago. At that time, air conditioning and an elevator were added. I am very appreciative of those new additions.

No comments:

Post a Comment