Sunday, March 21, 2010

Photo #80: Jacci and Mom


I spent time this afternoon hanging out with my mom and my sister at . . . where else, but Barnes and Noble. Jacci and I have been making it a habit to go there on Sunday afternoons, but it was nice to have Mom along too. Mom spends her winters in Arizona. She had not planned to return to Iowa until the end of April. She came home to bury her companion, Loren.

We have had a lot of losses in our family during the past three years. We lost both of my brothers within five months of each other. My brother, Steve, died of cancer two years ago on March 24th, which is also my sister's birthday. My brother, Dan, died unexpectedly the October before.

If you are smart, grief teaches you to treasure the people you love. It certainly has taught me that. I am so glad to have my mom and my sister. I appreciate every minute we have together.

No comments:

Post a Comment