Saturday, March 20, 2010

Photo #79: Nadine


This is my very dear friend, Nadine. She is my confidant, my moral support, my sounding board, my very best friend. I am so lucky to have her in my life. I met her in my first year of teaching, 23 years ago. We taught in the same building, and for two years we taught the same grade level and shared space in an open spaces building. It was a great way to collaborate, and much of what I know, I learned from Nadine. Even when we were teaching in different buildings and different grade levels, we often collaborated on ideas. She has been an even greater support in my personal life. She is the most caring and generous person I know.

We went out to brunch today at Mimi's Cafe. It usually takes us about three hours for a meal, because we get to talking so much. It was a great outing before heading back to school on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment