Thursday, March 11, 2010

Photo #70: Gifts From Vegas


I am headed to school soon to do my second day and evening of parent-teacher conferences. I took this picture on Monday. The mouse pad and beads came from one of my students, who just returned from a week long trip with his family to Las Vegas. They went so the boys could meet a grandmother that they had never seen. As soon as he gave me the beads, I put them on with my teal colored jacket. And that is what teaching is all about!

Teachers are now faced with constant criticism of what we're doing and what we're not doing. We seem to be the only ones who are responsible and at fault for the problems in education and the world in general. But it is the loving hearts and shining faces of the kids we teach that make it all worth while. This gift is a symbol and reminder of those special connections that I have with my kids. Thanks Andy!

No comments:

Post a Comment