Monday, March 15, 2010

Photo #74: Prune It!


I spent an hour or two working in the yard this morning, dealing with the tree limbs that came down during an ice storm in January. There were ten limbs filling the yard, some as long as 14 feet. I have wondered how I was going to deal with them once the snow melted. I have had a couple of people come by offering to help me with them, for a price, and each time I said, "No I'll have to do it myself." But I wasn't sure how. Now that the I'm on spring break, and most of the snow is gone, it was time. I headed out, my trusty pruners in hand, and started trimming away the smaller branches, until the cumbersome limb was dissassembled. The job is far from over, but by tackling the job, one step at a time, the rest will be easily managed.

As I worked at this, I was reminded that this is also true of the other problems in my life. My pruners are a metaphor for the power I have to control my own life. Chip away at the parts I can handle, be persistant, and eventually I will dispose of the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment