Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Photo #229: School Begins Next Week



Teachers do not officially go back to school until August 23rd, but I had my first committee meeting of the school year today. Afterwards I spent some time working in my room, before I had to go to work at Huntington.

Things are coming together. The computer center is hooked up and everything is working, the desks are arranged, and the nametags are on them. Text books have been passed out, and they are waiting for the kids to arrive.



I put up my Three Dogs on a Porch bulletin board. This will be our word wall. After teaching the vocabulary for a story, we are supposed to select three important words that we continue to display throughout the year. This came from the Jo Robinson PD that many teachers in our district went to back in June. I decided to take it literally and make three dogs on a porch. I will put the words on dog bones to display them. I liked the way it came out.



I have lots more to do, but the room will be ready in time for Open House, one week from tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment