Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Photo #180: My Acer Netbook vs. the IPad


The dailyshoot for today: What's your favorite device to access the Internet? Make a photograph of it today.

My school purchased a ten pack of IPads to be used in the classroom. I checked one out for the summer, and I have been trying to work with it as much as possible. A friend told me that I would fall in love with it the moment I touched it, and I want to love it, but I just don't yet.

I love the ease of carrying it with me. It is thinner and even more lightweight than my little Acer netbooks, so it can easily slip into my bag. At this point in time, I still find my netbooks easier to negotiate. But the familiar is always easier, so I have forced myself to use the ipad, and through use, things are definitely getting easier.

I do enjoy reading my Google Reader on it, and if I had any good books downloaded to it, I’m sure I would enjoy that. One thing I can tell you, even though I may have mixed feelings about the Ipad, the kids will love it. Twice now I have had people approach me at Caribou Coffee, my favorite hangout, and ask about the Ipad. I put it in the hands of a fifth grade girl who came over with her mom, and she absolutely lit up.

The design you see on the IPad is the Glow Doodle app, which is kind of fun. I'm getting to like the IPad better, but the little Acer is still #1!

1 comment:

  1. i'm not intrigued by the whole ipad phenom. It doesn't have a keyboard and for practical work use, it wouldn't be effective. Nice picture tho'

    ReplyDelete