Friday, June 11, 2010

Photo #162: Hanging Out At Caribou


Today was the first official day of summer vacation. I woke up to a thunderstorm, and it was so nice to be able to just stay in bed. After a leisurely morning at home, I went out to run some errands in the afternoon. Later I met my sister at my favorite Caribou Coffee on Ingersol. I spent a lot of time in this coffee shop last summer, when I was working on my technology class. This time when I went, I took the IPad that I had checked out from school. I am just trying to figure out how to use this. It's cool, but frustrating, since I don't really understand how it works.

Jacci and I had been visiting for awhile, when she said, "Is that the Governor?" I turned to see a tall gentleman buying coffee. I said, "Yeah, I think it is. He does just live down the street." Caribou is located just a few blocks down the street from Terrace Hill, the governor's mansion. Governor Culver spoke with a couple other customers and introduced himself as he walked over to a corner table. Here he settled down to work and drink his coffee. There was no entourage, and no one bothered him while he was there. I did not take his photo, because I did not want to intrude on his privacy, if the governor of the state gets any privacy. All I can say is, where but Iowa would you see this happening? I love Iowa!

No comments:

Post a Comment