Thursday, June 10, 2010

Photo #161: Closed for the Season


Today was the last day of the school year for teachers. There is a lot of work to closing a classroom. Bulletin boards have to be taken down, books and supplies stored. Everything has to be stowed away so all the furniture can be removed, and the room cleaned and waxed from top to bottom. I always have tubs of things that I bring home for the summer. These are the summer projects that I plan to work on. Last summer I worked a lot on school, but some years the tubs return to school in August, virtually undisturbed. We'll see what happens this year.

My classroom is closed and summer vacation has officially begun. It is highly unusual for me to actually finish closing my room on the teacher workday. I am usually in there for several days beyond the end of the contract, but for some reason I managed to do it. This is because early on, I adopted the "just shove it in the cabinet, and don't worry about reorganizing until the fall" approach. I will undoubtedly regret it later, but right now I'm very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment