Monday, June 7, 2010

Photo #158: Bears


I have been teaching at Phillips for twenty years. Since I've been here, I have taught first, second, third, and, for the past 13 years, fourth grade, and during that time I have accumulated a lot of stuff. I have been feeling overwhelmed by the clutter, so I have been determined to weed out things I'm not using, like these colorful bears. But here's the problem, I look at this stuff and I think. . . I might use it. After all we have used them for our Estimation Station in the past, and . . . they're so cute and colorful. . . . then I put them back on the shelf, where they stay for another year or two.

I always start out thinking I will sort and organize everything as I close my classroom in June. Then I get tired and just start shoving things in cabinets, and pledge to do it in August before the new year begins. That never happens either, because the stress in August ratchets up and I begin focusing on setting up the room instead of cleaning out cabinets. But I really mean it this time, I swear I'm going to organize everything in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment