Monday, June 28, 2010

Photo #179: Hostas


I spent the day in a district professional development, which left me in shock about the next direction that my school district may be heading. Then I went over to my mom's house where my sister was planting hostas. My sister, brother-in-law, and nephew have been working on my mom's yard all summer and it looks fabulous. Jacci was working on the flower bed across the back of the yard. They planted these hostas in the front a week ago. All the rain we have had has been great for the plants.

I took my hedge trimmer over and worked on trimming the hedge in the front. This is my small contribution. I have been promising to do that for a few weeks, but unlike my sister and her family, all the rain we have had is usually my excuse not to work in the yard. This would explain the difference between my overgrown flower beds, and their beautiful lush ones. Afterwards I was glad I had gone, because the physical labor relieved much of the stress of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment