Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Princess Chloe



This is my little Princess Chloe and her favorite toy, or what is left of it.  I am so grateful that this little dog came into my life.  It was truly a case of divine intervention.  About a year after my dog, Bailey, died, I was ready to add a new dog to our family.  I had been visiting the Animal Rescue League on a fairly regular basis looking for the right match.  I needed to find a dog that would get along with my Corgi, Winnie.  I also was looking for a small dog.  Lot's of dogs end up at ARL, but many of them are large dogs.  Often the little ones, are not there for long.

About three years ago, I had attended a DMEA meeting, and was on my way home for the night.  I had even turned into my neighborhood, when a voice in my head said, "Go to ARL!"



For a change, I listened.  I drove over and went back to see what dogs were there.  Way at the back was this wonderful little dog.  She had just been brought in from the veterinarian, and was scared. They told me she was a poodle-maltese mix.  She was also a matted mess.  When she saw me she was excited.  I asked to be able to spend time with her, and then I filled out the papers requesting to have her.  The next evening I brought Winnie over, so they could get to know each other.



When I first got her, her name was Princess.  I changed it to Chloe, and now Princess is her title.  I am so grateful that Princess Chloe is part of my life.  I love her so very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment