Friday, March 3, 2017

Knitting Next Door




I mentioned in an earlier post that I love yarn.  This is the LYS, local yarn shop, where I buy it.  Knitting Next Door is way more than a place to buy yarn, however.  Thursday evening, I was there for my Afghan Crochet Class.  It is a place to take classes, but it's more than that.  I learn lots from the knitters and crocheters that spend time there as well.  If you're having problems with a pattern or not sure how to do a certain stitch, just bring your knit or crochet project, sit at a table, and someone is bound to be able to help you.  It might be Polly, who owns the shop, or one of the people who works there, or it may well be another customer.  Knitting Next Door is a community.  There are many people who meet there on a particular day of the week or just pop in when they can.  I often go in for just an hour, and end up staying for two or three hours.  Polly and the staff have made it that kind of welcoming place.  I am so grateful to know them, and to be able to spend time there.

Knitting Next Door is located in the Old Town area of Ankeny, Iowa.  If you want to check it out, here is a link to their website.  http://www.knittingnextdoor.com/.  I must add a word of warning, however, By hanging out in this friendly atmosphere, surrounded by all these beautiful items, you will be tempted to buy things.  For example, those gorgeous embroidered bags in the top photo were calling my name, and one did come home with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment