Saturday, August 13, 2011

Photo #223/365: Sewing

Last spring, I decided that I was going to try something new for my classroom library.  After 24 years, I have a lot of books, in fact there are almost too many choices.  I had three large tubs of books that never even saw the light of day last year.  For many years I have had our library books sorted into tubs according to genre.  This year I am putting all the books on shelves, installing curtains on the book cases, and displaying tubs of books on top to choose from.

I haven't done any sewing in a very long time, but I broke out the machine this week.  I started out thinking I should get back to sewing, and wondering why I quit.  After struggling to remember how to thread the machine, having problems adjusting the tension, and then breaking a needle, I remembered why I don't sew much.

Actually, once I got back in the swing, things went well, and maybe I will do a little more sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment