Monday, August 8, 2011

Photo #218/365: Seafood Pasta Salad


Last weekend, when I went to visit Nancy, she made this pasta salad for me. It was delicious! I decided to try making it myself when I came home. I used things I had in the kitchen. It is such a basic recipe, you could make whatever changes you want. The dressing is mayo and cocktail sauce, which I never would have thought of.

Seafood Pasta Salad

2 cups of bowtie pasta (cooked)
1 cup of imitation crab
1 cup of cooked shrimp (shell and tails removed)
1 medium cucumber (chopped into bite size chunks)
1 medium zucchini (chopped)
2 medium carrots (peeled and sliced)
1/2 sweet red pepper (chopped)
1 cup of Miracle Whip Lite (or mayo)
1/4 cup of cocktail sauce

Combine the first 7 ingredients in a large bowl. In a small bowl mix the Miracle Whip or Mayo with the cocktail sauce. Pour over the salad ingredients and mix gently. Chill and eat.

I served it with Garlic Parsley Wheat Thins Flatbread. The thing I like about meals like this, is I can mix it up early in the day, and then eat when I feel like it. So often I make menu plans, but as the day progresses, I lose interest in cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment