Saturday, November 13, 2010

Photo #317: Art On the Prairie


Today, Jacci, Mom, and I took a trip to Perry, Iowa, where Art On the Prairie was going on. It was being held at three locations in downtown Perry, but we only went to the Hotel Patee. The hotel, which was built in 1913 and restored in 1997, is a work of art itself.



I was far more interested in the murals on the walls, than the work displayed by local artists. I love the Craftsman period of architecture and furnishings, and this sitting area in the lobby was very inviting. It would have been nice to have a big fire in the fireplace, because it was freezing. You can learn more about the Hotel Patee, by visiting their website.

2 comments:

  1. The Hotel Patee is my favorite hotel of all times. The rooms are so unique. I had once heard they closed. Is it open again? Love your pictures!

    (Great to meet you in person this week!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy, It was closed for awhile, but it reopened last year. This was my first time to go there.

    It was great meeting you too.

    ReplyDelete